Pecan Snowball Cookies (Pecan Puffs)
Pecan snowball cookies (also known as pecan puffs or Mexican wedding cookies) are as easy to make as they are delicious! Bring these puffy, powdered sugar-covered cookies to holiday parties or set them out for Santa for a very merry Christmas!
- Author: Kaleigh
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: about 1 dozen 1x
- Category: dessert
- Method: baked
- Cuisine: American
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup minus 2 tbsp all purpose flour (or white whole wheat flour - see notes)
- 1/8 tsp salt (if using unsalted butter)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 300° F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment or a silicone baking mat.
- In a food processor, pulse the pecans until they are finely chopped. Remove pecans and set aside.
- Use the same food processor to combine butter and sugar. Blend until creamy.
- Add vanilla and blend until smooth.
- Add in pecans and flour and pulse until combined.
- Roll dough into 1-tablespoon balls (or use a small cookie scoop) and place onto prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Roll each cookie in powdered sugar while they are still warm.
- If you are using white whole wheat flour, use 1 cup minus 3 tbsp.
- Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
- Cookies can be frozen after cooling completely. Separate layers with parchment or waxed paper.
Keywords: pecan snowball cookies, snowball cookies, pecan puffs, Mexican wedding cookies, Russian tea cake cookies