Smoked Goat Cheese Dip with Crispy Garlic
This hot goat cheese dip with crispy garlic is made on the smoker for a subtle smoked flavor and ease of entertaining when your smoker is already fired up! No smoker? Make it in the oven just as easily. (gluten-free, vegetarian)
- Author: Kaleigh
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: appetizer
- Method: smoked
- Cuisine: American
- 3 large cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 oz plain goat cheese
- Heat smoker to roughly 350°F.
- Peel and thinly slice garlic cloves from top to bottom.
- Add garlic and oil to a small (6 inch) cast iron skillet. Place on the smoker and cook until garlic is crisp and golden, about 5-10 minutes. Pour garlic and oil in to a bowl and set aside.
- Press goat cheese into the bottom of the skillet. Place back on the smoker and cook until goat cheese is hot and melted, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the smoker and top with reserved garlic and oil.
- Serve with crackers, chips, or crostini.
- This recipe is easily doubled for a larger skillet.
- You can make this dip in the oven set to 350°F.
- You can also use a small foil pan or ceramic dish to smoke or bake the dip.
- Feel free to add other flavors with infused oils, pepper, herbs, etc.
Keywords: smoked goat cheese dip, goat cheese dip with crispy garlic, hot goat cheese dip