Rosemary Parmesan Scones with Herb Butter
Whole grain Rosemary Parmesan Scones with Herb butter are a delicious savory treat, perfect for a snack with any meal!
- Author: Kaleigh
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 8 scones 1x
- Category: bread
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp frozen butter, grated
- 1/2 cup cold skim milk
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup good quality parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- Olive oil
For the Herb Butter:
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- Pinch freshly cracked black pepper
- Pinch garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 475.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Work grated butter into dry ingredients until it forms small chunks.
- Add in milk, rosemary, parmesan, and black pepper. Stir until a sticky dough forms.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface. Gently knead 3-4 times. Spread dough into a large, smooth rectangle. Fold into thirds and flatten to about 1.5 inches. Cut rectangle into 8 wedges.
- Place wedges onto a baking sheet lines with parchment or a silpat mat. Lightly brush with olive oil. Bake 8-10 minutes and remove from baking sheet immediately to cool.
For Herb Butter:
- Stir together all ingredients. Chill until ready to serve.
Keywords: rosemary parmesan scones, savory scones with herb butter