Healthy Dark Chocolate Raspberry Scones with Greek Yogurt
These healthy Dark Chocolate Raspberry Scones with Greek yogurt whole grain flour are soft, fluffy, and full of raspberries and chunk of dark chocolate. They make the perfect snack or brunch treat! (vegetarian)
- Author: Kaleigh
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 8-10 scones 1x
- Category: breakfast
- Method: baked
- Cuisine: American
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour (or all-purpose)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/4 cup chopped dark chocolate or bittersweet chocolate (about 1 oz)
- 1 (5.3 oz) container raspberry Greek yogurt (I used Siggi's)
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp milk of choice (I used skim)
- 2 tbsp dark chocolate, melted, for drizzling (optional)
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Fold in frozen raspberries and chopped chocolate.
- Slowly add yogurt and milk, gently folding in. Dough should be crumbly, like biscuit dough, rather than forming a sticky ball.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and gently knead by patting dough down then folding it in half then in half again. Pat down into a 2" tall disc. Cut into 8-10 triangles.
- Place triangles 1-2 inches apart on a baking sheet lined with parchment or a silicone baking mat.
- Bake 10-15 minutes, or until tops are lightly golden. Remove from oven and cool.
- For chocolate drizzle, melt chocolate at 30-second intervals on low in the microwave, stirring between each interval until chocolate is smooth. Gently drizzle over the top of scones and let cool.
- You can use all-purpose flour in place of white while wheat. You can also use your favorite gluten-free cup-for-cup flour to make these gluten-free.
- Make sure you stir the raspberries and chocolate chunks in to the flour before adding the liquid. This distributes them evenly throughout the dough and helps to keep the raspberries more intact.
- The dough should be crumbly after stirring the milk and yogurt. You don't want it sticky, so you can work with it. It will come together as you knead it.
- Careful not to overwork the dough so that it doesn't get too tough.
- Dust your knife with flour to get a clean cut when cutting the dough into triangles.
Keywords: healthy raspberry scones, healthy dark chocolate scones, greek yogurt scones