Neiman Marcus Chocolate Chip Cookies 2.0
The BEST buttery, rich and chocolatey Neiman Marcus Chocolate Chip Cookies with a hint of coffee flavor from the Neiman Marcus Cooks cookbook, but improved with a few tiny tweaks to make them ultra chewy and delicious. Plus NO CHILL TIME required so you can have chocolate chip cookies ASAP!
- Author: Kaleigh
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: About 1 dozen 1x
- Category: dessert
- Method: baked
- Cuisine: American
- 1/2 cup salted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp espresso powder or instant coffee
- 1 3/4 cups white whole wheat flour or all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups chopped dark chocolate
- flaky sea salt, for topping (optional but highly recommended)
- Preheat the oven 300° F. Line a cookie sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment.
- In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, or in a large bowl, cream butter, brown sugar, and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Stir vanilla and espresso powder together. Beat egg and vanilla mixture into butter and sugar for 30 seconds longer, or until well mixed, using a spatula to scrape down the sides as necessary.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add flour mixture to batter and mix on low speed until it's fully incorporated.
- Stir in chocolate chunks.
- Using a large cookie scoop (I use a 3 tbsp scoop, or a #20) scoop the cookie dough onto the prepared cookie sheet about 3-inches apart.
- Bake 10-12 minutes. Do NOT over-bake. The cookies will not appear done when you take them out, but they will set up as they cool.
- Sprinkle with flaky sea salt and let cool for 5-10 minutes before transferring the cookies to a cooling rack.
- Use room temperature ingredients. For why, and how to soften quickly, see the note about room temperature ingredients in the post above.
- For bigger cookies (a #16 or 4 tbsp scoop), bake 13-15 minutes.
- For thicker cookies, chill the dough overnight and bake for 15-17 minutes.
- DO NOT OVER BAKE. I cannot stress this enough. The cookies will not look done when you pull them from the oven, but they will set up as they cool.
- I use white whole wheat flour to make these chocolate chip cookies, but feel free to use all-purpose flour.
- Chopped super dark chocolate makes for the most divine chocolate chip cookie experience IMO, but feel free to use semi-sweet chocolate chips if you'd like.
Keywords: Neiman Marcus cookies, Neiman Marcus chocolate chip cookies, no chill chocolate chip cookie recipe, the BEST chocolate chip cookies