Mediterranean Chicken Kebabs
Make the most of summer grilling these Mediterranean Grilled Chicken Kabobs! This healthy dinner is made entirely on the grill for easy cleanup. (gluten-free, dairy-free)
- Author: Kaleigh
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 servings 1x
- Category: main dish
- Method: grilled
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp cup red wine vinegar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 (14 oz) can artichoke quarters, drained
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 red onion
- Olive oil
- Cut chicken breasts into 1-inch cubes. Place in a non-reactive container with garlic, oregano, salt, pepper, lemon, olive oil and vinegar. Stir to coat and marinate, refrigerated, 30 minutes to an hour. If using wooden skewers, soak them in water while chicken marinates.
- Cut bell pepper and onion into 1-inch pieces.
- Thread chicken, tomatoes, peppers, onions and artichokes onto skewers. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Heat grill to high heat, then turn down to medium-low.
- Grill skewers, turning every few minutes until chicken is cooked though. It should reach an internal temperature of 165°F. Remove from grill and serve immediately.
- If you would rather use fresh artichokes, you can steam them before threading them onto the skewers. Just clean them and cut the hearts into quarters in a bowl of ice water. To steam them on the grill, place artichokes on a large piece of foil and fold over sides to make a closed foil packet. Cook artichokes on the grill for 15-20 minutes or until soft. Remove from heat and foil, and continue with the recipe.
Keywords: grilled chicken kabobs with artichokes, Mediterranean grilled chicken kabobs