Meal Prep Shrimp Green Goddess Grain Bowls
Meal prep shrimp green goddess grain bowls are delicious, nourishing bowls that are easy to make ahead or eat right away for healthy meals any time! (nut-free, gluten-free and dairy-free options)
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- Category: main dish
- Method: meal prep
- Cuisine: seafood
For the Avocado Green Goddess Sauce:
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 green onions, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Juice of 1 1/2 lemons (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 lg avocado
- 2 tbsp plain Greek yogurt*
- Water to thin 2-4 tbsp
For the Bowls:
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3 cups cooked whole grain of choice** (I used Bob’s Red Mill cracked freekeh)
- 3 cups baby greens of choice (I used a baby kale mix)
- 1 bunch broccolini
- 1 cup frozen cooked edamame, thawed
- 1 cucumber, halved lengthwise and sliced into half moons
- Add garlic, green onions, parsley, cilantro, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until herbs are finely chopped. Remove about 2 tbsp of this mixture and set aside. Add avocado and yogurt to the food processor and pulse until smooth, adding water as needed to reach your desired consistency.
- In a medium bowl, toss shrimp with reserved herb mixture and red pepper flakes.
- Add olive oil to a medium nonstick skillet and heat over medium heat. Add shrimp and cook 3-5 minutes per side, or until shrimp are cooked through.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add broccolini and cook 2-3 minutes, or until broccolini is bright green. Immediately remove from heat, drain, and place in an ice bath to stop the cooking process.
- Assemble bowls in glass containers (or regular bowls if you plan to eat immediately). Divide cooked grains and greens between each of 4 containers or bowls. Top each with broccolini, edamame, cucumber, and shrimp. Add green goddess sauce to small sauce containers on the side (or place directly in bowls if eating immediately).
- Store prepped bowls covered in the refrigerator up to 4 days.
*For dairy-free, use your favorite dairy-free yogurt alternative.
**For gluten-free, use your favorite cooked gluten-free whole grain.
Keywords: meal prep, shrimp, green goddess, bowls