Blackberry Gin and Jam Cocktail
This 4-ingredient blackberry gin and jam cocktail couldn't be easier to make. It's fruity and floral but not too sweet with a beautiful purple color!
- Author: Kaleigh
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 2 large drinks or 4 small 1x
- Category: cocktails
- Method: shaken
- Cuisine: American
- 3 oz gin
- 1 oz elderflower liquor, such as St. Germain
- 1 tbsp seedless blackberry jam
- 1 oz freshly squeezed lemon juice
- soda or sparkling water
- Combine gin, elderflower liquor, jam and lemon juice in a shaker with ice.
- Shake vigorously for 20-30 seconds to thoroughly chill and sightly dilute the cocktail.
- Strain into glasses and top each with a splash of soda or sparkling water.
- Shake the cocktail well for at least 20 seconds. This serves two purposes - making sure the drink is nice and cold since it is served without ice, and also slightly diluting the gin for a more balanced flavor.
- I think this cocktail is sweet enough with just the jam, but if you like a sweeter cocktail, feel free to add a splash of simple syrup or agave nectar.
- For a less stout cocktail, add a little more soda at the end.
- Use other flavors of jam for endless variations! You can also experiment with switching up the liqueur and citrus.
Keywords: blackberry gin and jam, gin and jam cocktail