Lobster Ravioli with Brown Butter Sauce
The best way to serve lobster ravioli is with this easy brown butter garlic sauce. This 5 ingredient, 20 minute pasta dish is easy enough for weeknights but luxurious enough for date nights!
- Author: Kaleigh
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: main dish
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- 1 (13 oz) package lobster ravioli
- 6 tbsp salted butter
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- juice from 1 small lemon, about 2 tbsp
- reserved pasta water from cooking
- fresh shaved parmesan
- Prepare garlic and lemon juice for cooking.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add a generous pinch of salt. Cook the ravioli to al dente according to package directions.
- Drain the pasta, reserving about 1 cup of the cooking water.
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring, until butter is just golden.
- Turn heat down to low, add garlic and cook about 30 seconds, stirring. Stir in lemon juice.
- Slowly pour in the pasta water a little bit at a time, stirring consistently. Cook until you have a thickened, shiny sauce. You will likely not use all of the water.
- Add the ravioli and gently stir to coat.
- Serve with plenty of freshly shaved parmesan.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 4 days.
- Have your butter, garlic and lemon juice ready before you cook, as this dish comes together quickly!
- You probably won't use all of the pasta water. You want enough to make a thick, shiny sauce but not enough for a watery sauce or to dilute the butter too much.
- If you're using unsalted butter, taste the sauce and add salt to taste at the end.
- For more protein, you can add thawed lobster meat or peeled shrimp to the boiling water with the pasta during the last couple minutes of cooking.
- If cooking ravioli from frozen, do not thaw. Cook 7-8 minutes, or until pasta floats to the top of the pot.
Keywords: lobster ravioli with brown butter sauce, easy lobster ravioli