Orange Juice Honey Turmeric Vitamin C Shot
Give your immune system a little boost this cold and flu season with a tasty, nutrient-packed honey turmeric vitamin C shot. It’s easy to make with simple kitchen ingredients and tastes way better than a supplement!
- Author: Kaleigh
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 0 min
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 shot 1x
- Category: drinks
- Method: no-cook
- Cuisine: American
- ½ cup 100% Florida Orange Juice
- 1 tsp grated fresh turmeric
- ¼ tsp grated fresh ginger
- Pinch freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp honey (I use Manuka honey)
- 1 tbsp hot (not boiling) water
- Grate turmeric and ginger using a microplane zester.
- In a heat-proof glass, add turmeric, ginger, pepper, and honey.
- Pour hot water into the glass and stir to dissolve honey.
- Add orange juice and stir to combine. Drink and feel better!
- You can substitute ginger powder and turmeric powder for fresh, if you’d like, using ¼ tsp ground turmeric and ⅛ tsp ground ginger per shot.
- I use manuka honey, but any honey will work here.
- If you’d like to make multiple shots at a time, mix 4 tsp honey, 4 tsp grated turmeric, 1 tsp grated ginger, ¼ tsp black pepper, ¼ cup hot water, and 2 cups orange juice. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator and drink one shot daily.
- Use gloves when grating the turmeric to prevent staining your hands. To remove turmeric stains from my hands, I usually rub them with lemon juice and then wash with soap.
Keywords: orange juice turmeric shot, vitamin C shot, wellness shot recipe, immune-boosting shot