Healthy Migas Breakfast Bowl
Start your day with a festive migas breakfast bowl! It's a healthier take on the Mexican brunch favorite migas that will keep you full for hours. (gluten-free, vegetarian)
- Author: Kaleigh
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: breakfast
- Method: baked
- Cuisine: Tex Mex
- 1 corn tortilla
- Oil spray (such as Chosen Foods avocado oil spray)
- 4 large eggs
- splash of milk
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small fresh jalapeno, seeds removed and diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup refried black beans (or any other beans you have)
- 1/4 cup pico de gallo
- 1/2 small avocado, sliced
- 2 tbsp crumbled cotija or shredded cheddar cheese
- Salsa or hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Cut tortilla into 1/4 in-wide strips. Spray with oil and place on foil-lined baking sheet. Bake 5-7 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Heat beans.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs and milk until combined and fluffy. Set aside.
- Heat a small non-stick skillet over medium-low heat. Spray with oil and add onion, garlic and jalapeno. Cook, stirring, until soft, about 3 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Turn heat to low, spray again, and add eggs. Cook over low heat, pushing eggs from outside of pan to the center with a rubber spatula, until almost done. Add cooked veggies, tortilla strips, and 2 tbsp cilantro to the eggs and continue cooking until eggs are set.
- To assemble, divide eggs between two bowls. Add beans, pico de gallo, avocado, cheese, and remaining cilantro. Top with your favorite salsa or hot sauce. Enjoy!
Keywords: migas breaskfast, healthy migas, tex-mex breakfast bowl