Healthy Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad
This healthy, no-mayo Greek yogurt chicken salad with celery, grapes, and pecans is perfect to meal prep on Sundays for a week's worth of healthy, delicious lunches! (gluten-free)
- Author: Kaleigh
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: about 5 cups 1x
- Category: lunch
- Method: baked
- Cuisine: American
- 1 large boneless, skinless chicken breast (or 2 cups shredded cooked chicken)
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2/3 cup diced celery (1-2 ribs)
- 2/3 cup grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup pecan or walnut pieces (optional)
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- Pinch fine sea salt
- Freshly cracked pepper
- To cook chicken, heat oven to 350° F. Season chicken with salt and pepper and place in a baking dish. Cover with foil and bake 20-30 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted into the center of the chicken breast reads 165° F and juices run clear. Remove from oven and cool before shredding with 2 forks. (Skip this step if using cooked or leftover chicken.)
- To toast pecans, place them on a baking sheet and toast at 400°F for 6-8 minutes. Watch carefully so they don't burn!
- Chop onion, celery, grapes and pecans.
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients, stirring until chicken is evenly coated.
- Store chicken salad in the refrigerator in an airtight container up to 4 days.
- For the best texture I prefer shredded chicken. You can also chop it into bite-sized pieces if you prefer a chunkier chicken salad.
- Leave the grapes out if you want, or swap them for raisins or dried cranberries.
- You can use shredded rotisserie chicken or canned chicken if you'd like.
Keywords: healthy chicken salad, greek yogurt chicken salad, no mayo chicken salad, healthy chicken salad with grapes