Healthy gingerbread waffles with crispy exteriors and fluffy insides are the perfect Christmas morning brunch!
- Author: Kaleigh
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 8-10 servings 1x
- Category: breakfast
- Method: waffle iron
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp corn starch or arrowroot flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 3/4-inch piece grated fresh ginger (or 1 tsp ginger paste)
- 1 large egg
- 1-2 tbsp molasses
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups club soda
- Preheat waffle iron.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, cornstarch, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add remaining ingredients, starting with one cup of club soda and adding more as needed to get the right consistency. Stir until just combined.
- Brush hot waffle iron with coconut oil and pour batter onto surface. Cook according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Remove from waffle iron when cooked and top with powdered sugar, syrup, whipped cream, or fruit.
Keywords: gingerbread breakfast entree, holiday waffles