Healthy Chocolate Chunk Banana Pumpkin Bread
This one-bowl healthy chocolate chunk banana pumpkin bread is a delicious fall treat that can be enjoyed for breakfast, dessert, or as a snack! (dairy-free, nut-free, vegetarian)
- Author: Kaleigh
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 1 loaf 1x
- Category: breakfast
- Method: baking
- 2 medium very ripe bananas
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tbsp oil (I use avocado oil)
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chunks*
- Heat oven to 325°F. Lightly grease or spray a loaf pan with oil or line with parchment.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas. Whisk in pumpkin, brown sugar, eggs, and oil.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir until moistened, careful not to over mix. Gently stir in chocolate chunks.
- Pour patter into prepared pan. Bake 50-60 min, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove form oven and cool 10 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
*Use dairy-free chocolate chunks to make this dairy-free.
Keywords: pumpkin, banana bread, chocolate chunk, fall, baking