Easy Green Beans Almondine
This easy and flavorful recipe for green beans almondine made with just 6 simple ingredients is a healthy and delicious side dish for Thanksgiving or for any meal of the year! (gluten-free, vegan option)
- Author: Kaleigh
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 servings 1x
- Category: side dish
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- 1 1/2 lb fresh green beans, stems trimmed
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp minced shallot
- Pinch sea salt
- Pinch freshly cracked black pepper
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Place trimmed green beans in a large skillet. Add a pinch of salt and enough water to just cover green beans. Bring to a boil. Boil for 3-4 minutes, or until beans are bright green. Drain and rinse in cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Wipe the skillet dry, heat over medium heat and add the almonds. Cook, gently stirring, until almonds are toasted and fragrant. Remove the almonds from the skillet and set aside.
- Turn the heat to low and add the butter and olive oil to the skillet. Add shallot, salt and pepper to taste and cook, stirring, until fragrant. Add lemon juice and continue cooking, stirring, until slightly thickened.
- Add green beans back into the skillet and cook until beans are warmed through, 5-10 minutes. If you prefer softer green beans, cook them a bit longer. Remove from the skillet and place on a serving dish. Top with toasted almonds.
- Serve immediately.
- For vegan and dairy-free, replace the butter with more olive oil.
- If you don't have shallot, you can use garlic instead.
- Sauce can made a day in advance and kept in the refrigerator. The green beans can also be blanched ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator.
Keywords: green beans almondine, healthy green beans for Thanksgiving, green beans with almonds