Gluten-Free Lavender Lemon Bars
Gluten-free lavender lemon bars are the perfect spring dessert! They have a crisp, buttery crust, extra lemony filling, and just a hint of lavender. (gluten-free)
- Author: Kaleigh
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 12-16 bars 1x
- Category: dessert
- Method: baked
- Cuisine: American
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1–2 tbsp food grade dried lavender buds*
- 1 cup + 1/2 tbsp Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1 to 1 Baking Flour, divided
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
- The day before you plan to bake, combine sugar and lavender buds in a jar. Close the lid and shake well. Leave overnight to let the sugar infuse.
- Strain sugar through a mesh strainer to remove lavender. Set aside buds for garnish (optional).
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line an 8″ square baking dish with parchment and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup lavender infused sugar and 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1 to 1 Baking Flour.
- Melt butter in a microwave-safe dish. Pour over flour mixture and stir to combine. Press mixture into the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Bake 12-15 minutes.
- While crust is baking, whisk together lemon zest, remaining 1 cup lavender infused sugar, remaining 1/2 tbsp GF flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Add eggs and lemon juice. Whisk well for 1 minute, or until light and fluffy.
- Pour mixture over baked crust (no need to cool). Bake for an additional 22-26 minutes.
- Cool completely. Dust with powdered sugar and sprinkle with lavender buds (optional). Slice into bars.
*Use 2 tbsp lavender for a more pronounced lavender flavor, and less for a milder flavor.
Keywords: lavender dessert, lavender lemon bars, gluten free lemon bars