Gluten Free Cornbread With Polenta
This delicious gluten-free cornbread made with polenta and no xantham gum is the best gluten-free cornbread recipe ever with its sweet, buttery flavor and dense, hearty texture. (gluten-free, nut-free)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 8-10 servings
- Category: side dish
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill polenta
- 1/2 cup Bob’s Red Mill brown rice flour
- 2 tbsp Bob’s Red Mill ground flaxseed
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 3 tbsp butter, melted and cooled
- Heat oven to 400°F. Place a cast iron skillet in the oven. In a large bowl, combine polenta, rice flour, flaxseed, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add wet ingredients and whisk to combine.
- Remove skillet from oven and generously spray with oil. Pour batter into skillet.
- Bake 25 minutes, or until top is lightly golden and cornbread is set in the center. Remove from oven and cool slightly before cutting.
For muffins, grease a muffin tin or line with paper liners and spray liners with cooking spray. Fill cups 3/4 full with batter. Bake 10-15 minutes before checking for doneness.
Keywords: cornbread, gluten free