Fudgy Guinness Brownies with Vanilla Bean Cream Cheese Frosting
Intensely rich, fudgy Guinness brownies with vanilla bean cream cheese frosting are the perfect St. Patrick’s Day dessert, or a fun treat that any beer lover will enjoy!
- Author: Kaleigh
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 16 servings 1x
- Category: dessert
- 2 1/2 ounces (about 1/2 cup chopped) unsweetened dark chocolate
- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp Guinness stout beer
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup minus 1 tbsp white whole wheat flour*
- 1/4 tsp salt
For the frosting:
- 3 oz neufchatel cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste or 1-inch piece of vanilla bean, pods scraped out
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line a square 9×9″ pan with parchment and spray with oil.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate by heating in 30-second intervals in the microwave, stirring in between each.
- Add brown sugar, oil, eggs, vanilla and Guinness to melted chocolate and whisk to combine.
- In another bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder and salt. Pour into wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Spread batter into prepared pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool completely before frosting.
- To make the frosting, beat cream cheese, butter, sugar, and vanilla beans in the bowl of a stand mixer with whisk attachment, or with a hand mixer, until smooth. Spread over cooled brownies.
- Cut into squares. Store any leftovers in an airtight container.
*You can also use 3/4 cup all purpose flour.
Keywords: brownies, guinness