Easy Grilled Fish Tacos with Strawberry Salsa
Grilled fish tacos with strawberry salsa is a delicious and healthy weeknight dinner that's easy to make in under 30 minutes and perfect for using summer strawberries! (gluten-free, dairy-free)
- Author: Kaleigh
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: main dish
- Method: grilled
- Cuisine: Mexican
For the fish:
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly cracked pepper
- 1 lb white fish, such as cod or halibut
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- 1 tsp olive or avocado oil
For the salsa:
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced (about 2/3 cup)
- 1 medium tomato, diced (about 2/3 cup)
- 1 1/4 cup strawberries, diced
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- Juice from 1 lime (about 2 tbsp)
- Pinch salt
- 8 warm corn tortillas
- Sliced avocado
- In a medium bowl, combine all salsa ingredients. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Heat grill to medium heat.
- In a small bowl, combine chili powder, cumin, garlic, salt and pepper. Rub on both sides of the fish, then squeeze lime and drizzle oil over the fish. Rub over the fish to evenly coat it.
- Grill the fish directly over medium heat, for about 7-10 minutes per side, depending on thickness. Make sure to leave it undisturbed until the side touching the grill has developed a crust to avoid it falling apart. Alternately, you can use a grilling-specific fish basket, a grill mat, or a piece of foil on top of the grill grates to ensure your fish stays together. Fish is done when the internal temperature reaches 145°F and the inside is opaque.
- Remove fish from the grill, flake into large pieces with a fork, and serve on warmed corn tortillas with strawberry salsa and avocado.
- Make sure your grill grates are clean before grilling. Allow the grill to come to temperature before adding the fish.
- Make sure you let the fish rest undisturbed on the grill until it forms a light crust on the bottom to prevent sticking and the fish falling apart. You can also use a grill mat or a piece of foil on top of the grill grates, or use a fish basket for grilling.
- To make things even easier, warm the tortillas on the grill by wrapping them in foil and warming them over indirect heat while the fish cooks.
Keywords: grilled fish tacos, fish tacos with strawberry salsa, easy fish taco recipe