Cocodates (No Bake Coconut Date Cookies)
These no bake cocodates, or coconut date ball cookies, with pecans and rice cereal are a family tradition we make every year for the holidays, straight from my great grandmother's recipe book! They're easy to make and so delicious for Christmas!
- Author: Kaleigh
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 2 dozen 1x
- Category: dessert
- Method: no bake
- Cuisine: American
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter (I use salted)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup pitted dates, chopped
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup crispy rice cereal
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut (I use unsweetened)
- In a medium saucepan, heat the butter over low heat until just melted.
- Stir in the sugar, dates, and eggs. Continue cooking on low, stirring, until thickened, about 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in pecans, rice cereal, and vanilla. Let mixture cool.
- Scoop by tablespoonful and roll into balls. Roll each ball in coconut and place on parchment to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container up to 5 days.
- Make sure eggs are beaten well before stirring into the butter.
- I use whole pitted dates and chop them, but pre-chopped dates also work.
- If you use unsalted butter, add a pinch of salt.
- Wet your hands (or oil them) before rolling the date mixture to reduce sticking.
Keywords: no bake coconut date cookies, cocodates, coconut date christmas candy, coconut date balls with pecans