Chickpea Apple Snickerdoodle Skillet Cookie For Two
This gooey apple snickerdoodle skillet cookie for two is made with chickpeas - so it’s completely gluten-free and egg-free, with a simple vegan version available too. It’s easy to make and perfect for sharing, especially with a scoop of ice cream on top!
- Author: Kaleigh
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: dessert
- Method: baked
- Cuisine: American
- 1/2 cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp natural cashew butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup diced Stemilt Pink Lady apples
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon + 1 tsp sugar, for topping
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In a food processor, blend the chickpeas, cashew butter, maple syrup, vanilla, baking powder, cinnamon and salt until smooth.
- Stir in white chocolate chips and apples.
- Spread into a greased 6 inch skillet. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven and let set for 5 minutes.
- Enjoy warm with ice cream (optional but highly recommended!), and caramel sauce if you're feeling fancy!
- It may take a minute or two to get the chickpeas completely smooth. Just keep blending, and stop to scrape down the sides of the bowl if necessary.
- For a vegan version, simply use vegan white chips and coconut sugar or raw cane sugar for the topping.
- If you don’t have a mini skillet, you can divide the dough into two individual ramekins, or use a 6-inch baking dish.
- Let the cookie cool for a few minutes after removing it from the oven so that it will set up a bit before topping with ice cream and serving.
- If you’re feeling fancy, add a drizzle of caramel on top, too! (Try my salted miso caramel.)
Keywords: chickpea snickerdoodle skillet cookie, mini snickerdoodle skillet cookie, apple snickerdoodle skillet cookie, chickpea skillet cookie