- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for 3-5 days.
- Cook pasta only to al dente for the best texture.
- Be careful when blending hot liquids. Open the top just slightly and cover with a dish towel to prevent pressure from building up. (Don't ask me how I know!)
- If you have a little more time and only want to use one pot, you can cook the butternut squash, add it to the blender, wipe out the pot and use it to cook the onions, add those to the blender, then use the same pot for the pasta. This is my preferred method.
- For a vegetarian version, leave out the chicken.
- For gluten-free, use your favorite gluten-free noodles.
- Use any pasta shape you like in place of spaghetti.
- If you don't have (or don't like) sage, try another fresh herb, such as thyme or rosemary.
- Feel free to use sour cream or heavy cream in place of Greek yogurt if you'd like.