Blood Orange Margaritas
Celebrate citrus season with simple, gorgeous blood orange margaritas!
- Author: Kaleigh
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 1 drink 1x
- Category: cocktails
- Method: no cook
- Cuisine: Mexican American
- Sugar (optional)
- blood orange zest
- 1 1/2 oz blanco tequila (I like Casamigos)
- 1/2 oz Cointreau
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
- 3 oz fresh blood orange juice
- 1/4 oz agave nectar (if you prefer a sweeter drink)
- Ice cubes
- Pour sugar on a small plate and mix with a bit of blood orange zest. Wet the rim of a martini or old fashioned glass. Turn upside down onto plate of sugar. Fill glass with ice.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine tequila, Cointreau, lime, blood orange juice, and agave if using. Add ice and shake for about 30 seconds. Strain into glass with ice and enjoy!
For a pitcher:
- Stir together 3/4 cup tequila, 2 oz Cointreau, 1/2 cup lime juice, 1 1/2 cups blood orange juice, and 1 oz agave (if desired). Add ice and sliced blood oranges for a pretty garnish.
Keywords: blood orange margarita, orange margarita