Blood Orange Margaritas
Celebrate citrus season with simple, gorgeous blood orange margaritas made with only 5 ingredients, including fresh blood orange juice!
- Author: Kaleigh
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 1 drink 1x
- Category: cocktails
- Method: no cook
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Sugar (optional)
- blood orange zest
- 1 1/2 oz good quality tequila blanco
- 1/2 oz Cointreau
- 1 oz freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3 oz freshly squeezed blood orange juice
- 1/4 oz agave nectar (if you prefer a sweeter drink)
- Pour about 3 tbsp of sugar on a small plate and mix with a bit of blood orange zest. Wet the rim of a martini or old fashioned glass. Turn upside down onto plate of sugar. Fill glass with ice.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine tequila, Cointreau, lime, blood orange juice, and agave if using.
- Add ice and shake for about 30 seconds. Strain into glass with ice and enjoy!
- It's best to use lime juice that has been squeezed the same day, as lime juice loses flavor as it sits.
- Stir together 6oz (3/4 cup) tequila, 2 oz Cointreau, 4 oz (1/2 cup) lime juice, 12 oz (1 1/2 cups) blood orange juice, and 1 oz agave (if desired). Add ice and sliced blood oranges just before serving for a pretty garnish. Serves 4.
Keywords: blood orange margarita, margarita with blood orange juice