Banana Bourbon Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding
Banana bourbon chocolate chip bread pudding with bourbon sauce is an easy, delicious dessert that makes any occasion more special! (gluten-free option)
- Author: Kaleigh
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 10-12 servings 1x
- Category: dessert
- Method: baked
- Cuisine: American
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups milk of choice
- 1 tbsp bourbon (optional)
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 cups bread cubes (French, whole wheat, or regular sandwich bread)*
- 2 ripe bananas, sliced
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
For the sauce:
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tbsp bourbon
- 2 tbsp half and half or cream
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, bourbon, honey and vanilla until well combined. Stir in bread cubes and banana slices. Let rest for 20 minutes.
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray a Dutch oven or 8″ baking dish with oil.
- Stir chocolate chips into bread mixture. Pour into prepared dish and bake 40 minutes.
- To make the sauce, bring butter, honey and bourbon to a boil. Lower heat and slowly stir in half and half. Let return to a simmer to thicken, then remove from heat.
- Serve bread pudding with bourbon sauce and vanilla ice cream (optional but highly recommended).
*Use your favorite gluten-free bread for gf option.
Keywords: banana bread pudding, chocolate chip bread pudding