Triple Berry Skillet Cobbler
Fresh summer berries topped with a fluffy crust in a cast iron skillet makes this triple berry skillet cobbler the perfect summer dessert with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
- Author: Kaleigh
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 10 servings 1x
- Category: dessert
- Method: baked
- Cuisine: American
For the filling:
- 4 1/2 cups fresh or frozen berries, (I used strawberries, blackberries and raspberries)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp whole wheat or all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
For the topping:
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat or all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 6 tbsp cold butter, melted
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Turbinado sugar for sprinkling (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375° F. In a large bowl, mix together all filling ingredients. Pour into a 10″ to 12″ cast iron skillet.
- Rinse the bowl and make the topping. Combine flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon. Stir in butter until a crumbly mixture forms. Stir in milk and vanilla, careful not to overmix.
- Drop batter over berries. Sprinkle with additional sugar and bake for 30-45 minutes, or until crust is golden and filling is bubbly.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly before serving with vanilla ice cream (my favorite) or whipped cream.
Keywords: healthy berry cobbler, triple berry cobbler, skillet cobbler