This post is sponsored by Kellogg’s. As always, all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that keep Lively Table running!
Breakfast doesn’t have to be complicated to support your wellness goals and give you nutrients you need – like fiber! Make your morning routine easier with these fun, 5-minute high-fiber breakfasts – all inspired by two of my favorite cereals.
It’s National Breakfast Week! If you’ve been following Lively Table for a while, you already know my personal love for all things breakfast. I’m also pro-breakfast as a dietitian, seeing it as an opportunity to get in important nutrients and start the day feeling full and energized. And since it’s National Breakfast Week, it’s a great time to look a little more closely at what makes it into our bowls (and mouths!) in the morning.
With seemingly everyone counting some kind of ‘macro’ or jamming 18 different supplements into a blender, it can feel overwhelming to know the ‘right’ way to build a healthy breakfast. But it doesn’t have to be complicated! I prefer a simple approach – getting a variety of nutrients from real food, and always including a source of fiber in my morning meal.
Why Get Fiber From Food?
Fiber may not seem like the sexiest topic, but it’s actually a really important nutrient that helps support digestive health and overall wellness. Getting enough fiber from food as part of a balanced breakfast is tastier than choking down expensive supplements or powders. Plus, getting fiber from a high-fiber cereal, for example, provides additional nutrients, like B vitamins and iron.
Did you know Kellogg’s Raisin Bran and Frosted Mini-Wheats are both easy ways to get more fiber? Each gets you at least 20% of the recommended daily amount per serving, and they’re both tasty, convenient and versatile. In fact, Kellogg’s offers 30 different cereals that are at least a good source of fiber.
To prove that getting the fiber you need in a balanced breakfast doesn’t have to be complicated, I’ve created a variety of 5-minute, fiber-rich breakfasts using a serving of high-fiber cereal and 5 ingredients or less. Because I’m a busy mom of 2 under 2, and I need quick and easy meals. And I know you do, too.
Six 5-Minute Fiber Rich Breakfasts
- The Simple Start – Kellogg’s Raisin Bran with Berries and Milk. This one might seem obvious, but a simple bowl of Kellogg’s Raisin Bran topped with fruit and lowfat dairy milk is a quick, tasty and balanced breakfast.
- The Yogurt Parfait – Apple Cinnamon Raisin Bran Parfait. In a jar or bowl, layer one serving of Kellogg’s Raisin Bran (a full serving in total to make it high in fiber!), plain Greek yogurt, and diced apple. Repeat layers and sprinkle with cinnamon for a creamy, crunchy, and sweet breakfast treat.
- The To-Go Option – Breakfast Trail Mix. In a mason jar or reusable baggie, combine a serving of dry Kellogg’s Frosted Mini-Wheats, pepitas, dried cherries, and banana chips. You have a portable, fiber-rich breakfast that you can eat one the go!
- The Warm & Cozy Bowl – Warm Blueberry Mini-Wheats. Pour a serving of Kellogg’s Frosted Mini-Wheats in a bowl. Heat some frozen blueberries in the microwave for 30-60 seconds and pour over the cereal. Heat a serving of milk in the microwave for 30 seconds and pour onto the blueberries and cereal. Sprinkle with chia seeds and enjoy!
- The Savory Bowl – Avocado Raisin Bran Bowl. Place plain Greek yogurt in a bowl. Top with a serving of Kellogg’s Raisin Bran, diced avocado, plain natural almond butter, and a sprinkle of hemp seeds. If you haven’t tried the creamy combination of almond butter, yogurt and avocado, you’re in for a treat!
- The Sweet Bowl – Chunky Monkey Mini-Wheats Bowl. Place plain or vanilla Greek yogurt in a bowl. Top with a serving of Kellogg’s Frosted Mini-Wheats, sliced banana, natural peanut butter, and dark chocolate chips.
This National Breakfast Week, I challenge you to power up your morning routine with a daily dose of fiber – it’s as easy as pouring a bowl of Kellogg’s Raisin Bran or Frosted Mini-Wheats!