Vibrant Strawberry Ginger Beet Sorbet is the perfect light dessert for summer! It’s only 50 calories, naturally gluten-free, vegan, fat free, and loaded with vitamins!
Yep. I went there. Roasted beets have such a natural sweetness and lovely soft texture that I thought they’d be the perfect addition to a summer sorbet. Meet my Strawberry Ginger Beet Sorbet. The color is just amazing, is it not? And since beets are loaded with vitamins and fiber, they are the perfect way to get healthy food into a sweet treat!
The great thing about this sorbet is that it’s super easy to make. It’s got only 5 ingredients, and you don’t need a fancy ice cream maker to make it. All you need is an oven, a blender, and a freezer. Wait. Oven?
Did I lose you again? Yes, oven. Roasting the beets makes them nice and soft for a smooth sorbet. And roasting those gorgeous summer strawberries intensifies their sweetness. So yes, you do need your oven. But after that, just blend, freeze, and enjoy!
With this Strawberry Ginger Beet Sorbet, you can have your sorbet and eat it, too. I used a touch of honey for extra sweetness to balance out the tangy ginger and earthy beets, but if you prefer not to add sweetener, no problem! Just leave it out. Or if you want more, add a little extra!
Vibrant beet, strawberry and ginger sorbet is the perfect light dessert for summer! It's only 50 calories, naturally gluten-free, vegan, fat free, and loaded with vitamins!
- 2 medium beets
- 1 pint strawberries
- 1-inch piece of ginger, peeled and diced (or 1 tbsp ginger paste)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Wash and scrub beets. Wrap individually in foil and roast until soft, 45 minutes to an hour.
- Meanwhile, wash strawberries and remove stems. Cut in half and spread over a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment or a silicone baking mat. Roast for 15 minutes.
- Once beets are done, allow to cool slightly before handling, then cut off any remaining stems. Quarter and place in a blender or food processor with cooled strawberries (and any liquid), ginger, honey, salt and water. Blend on high until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a loaf pan or other freezer-safe container. Freeze until slightly firm, about 4 hours or overnight. Allow to thaw for 45 minutes to an hour before scooping if you freeze it overnight. Enjoy!
Love this recipe? PIN it!