Grapefruit Arugula Farro Salad – A delicious and wholesome salad made with whole grain farro, sweet ruby grapefruit, arugula, hazelnuts and a grapefruit champagne vinaigrette. It’s the perfect healthy side dish or lunch!
Happy 2017 everyone! What an eventful and crazy year 2016 was. I’m so grateful for each of you, my readers and followers, for following along and for sticking with me on this blogging journey. I’m hopeful and excited for the year to come, and I can’t wait to bring you all some more delicious recipes and healthy living advice to help you have your best 2017!
My first recipe of 2017 is this Grapefruit Arugula Farro Salad with Grapefruit Champagne Vinaigrette. It’s a great way to start the year of on a bright and healthy note.
If your holiday season was anything like mine, it was filled with lots of indulgent treats, cocktails, and celebrations. That’s all great and perfectly normal to celebrate, but now it’s time to get back on track with some nourishing feel good food. To me, there is nothing that feels more nourishing and delicious than a whole grain salad filled with fruit and vegetable goodness.
This Grapefruit Arugula Farro Salad is bursting with sweet, fresh ruby red grapefruit, peppery arugula and crunchy hazelnuts that perfectly compliment delicious nutty farro. The grapefruit champagne vinaigrette rounds out the salad with a touch of tangy flavor that’s just divine.
This delicious farro salad would be fantastic with chicken, pork, fish or beef for a balanced dinner, or alongside a yummy vegetable soup for a light and healthy vegetarian meal. It’s great served both warm and cold, perfect for taking leftovers with you for lunch!
What’s your favorite way to get back on track after indulging a little too much? Let me know in the comments below!
A delicious and wholesome salad made with whole grain farro, sweet ruby grapefruit, arugula, hazelnuts and a grapefruit champagne vinaigrette.
- 1 cup uncooked farro
- 2 1/2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 grapefruit, segmented
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts
- 2 tbsp grapefruit juice
- 1 tbsp champagne vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- In a small saucepan, bring stock to a boil. Stir in farro, cover and simmer on low heat until tender, 25-30 minutes. Drain any excess liquid.
- While farro is cooking, segment grapefruit, removing membranes and any pith. Add to a large bowl with arugula and hazelnuts.
- Whisk together vinaigrette ingredients.
- Add warm farro and vinaigrette to bowl with grapefruit and arugula and gently stir to combine. Serve warm or place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.